Monday, March 12, 2012

Early start - packed lunch for my loves

Every morning my daughter is usually the first one up and bouncing around our bed! Since we had the time change I had a feeling she would be sleeping a little longer this morning.

I was the first one up and ready to get my day started. With a fresh cup of coffee in hand I started prepping lunch for my 2 loves! Sometimes I have limited options when it comes to the main course and today was one of them. I had to make something from scratch.
I buy a large bag of tilapia(fish) from either target, publix or walmart and have that on hand. I took 2 pieces of frozen tilapia and fried it in olive oil in a pan. I seasoned it with a little salt, black pepper and chives.
While that was cooking I boiled some water and added one cup of buckwheat to the water. A pinch of salt and   half of a table spoon of butter.

Once everything was finished I added the buckwheat to each thermos and then the fish on top. I don't like to make salads to pack but instead I pack fresh veggies. Both lunches included cherry tomatoes, cucumber and sliced orange peppers. For Mila though I also add some fresh fruit because I don't like her to eat crackers at school. I think having fresh fruit or veggies is so much healthier.

2 comments:

  1. Does the thermos really work for Mila? I've always wondered if the food stayed warm all the way until Lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep it does I put in food while its hot and by lunch time its luke warm! I pack my hubby's food in a thermos also.

    ReplyDelete